EnterpriseOne F4211FSEditLine – Price and Cost

I spent another week of my life struggling through the F4211FSEditLine and End Doc business functions. I was having trouble keeping the price/cost in sync between the ST and the OT when modifying the order through the business functions.

According to Oracle documentation, changes must be made to the ST in order to have the OT take them. Changes first made to the OT do not sync back to the ST. Fortunately, I wasn’t doing this so it was not my problem. It was appearing almost as though the OT was ignoring the product cost and instead trying to figure out the unit cost by dividing the extended amount (which was from prior to the quantity modification) and coming up with a calculated unit cost that wasn’t accurate.

I am embarrassed to say that I spent almost my entire last work week troubleshooting this issue. I have created a JDEDebug.log file to XML converter (available on this site at JDELOG2XML) which helps my troubleshooting efforts tremendously.

I found a real simple answer to my problem and will show some of my lack of training in JDE as a result. In the F4211FSEditLine business function, there are two parameters I had wrong. They were szCMProgramID and szCMVersion. I was passing in the program that was calling the business function instead of the order entry program and version that I wanted.

As soon as I corrected this, my price/cost was updating correctly because I was now using appropriate settings for our system based upon the processing options set in P4210.

Proper szCMProgramID and szCMVersion usage in F4211FSEditLine.
Proper szCMProgramID and szCMVersion usage in F4211FSEditLine.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>